Criminal Injury Compensation Claims
These injuries are classified as any personal injury sustained as a direct result of a crime. The injury could be from a mugging or a bar fight. There has to be a criminal prosecution following the incident and the injury has to have been as a direct result of the criminal action. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme (CICA) was set up to compensate people who can prove that they have suffered an injury that was not their fault.
A wide range of injuries are covered by the scheme including mental health issues caused by for example a mugging. Even minor injuries can be covered as compensation can be awarded according to the severity of the injury.
- Your injuries must be consistent with being injured due to the criminal activity of others and can include physical and/or mental damage.
- It is essential that you were in England, Scotland or Wales when you received your injuries, it is a common misconception that CICA will compensate British Citizens for criminal injuries sustained in a foreign country.
- Your injuries must be serious enough to qualify for at least the minimum amount of compensation available from the scheme.
- You should have documentation in your possession that states that you received medical attention to treat your injuries.
- Your claim must be made within a two year deadline from the day you received your injuries.
Depending on circumstances, criminal injury compensation claims can still be claimed even if you do not meet all of the above. If you are in any doubt, call Bollin Legal Associates and speak to one of our friendly, knowledgeable advisors, who will be only too happy to discuss the matter with you.
Relatives and dependants of a victim of crime, who has died because of their injuries, are also entitled to claim compensation for their loss.
How to Make a Criminal Injury Compensation Claim
Many victims of violent crime, who would be eligible to make a criminal injury compensation claim, fail to do so. Because of this, a great majority of people end up suffering unnecessary financial hardship, especially if their injuries have forced them to take time off work.
At Bollin Legal Associates, we understand that the process of claiming can appear to be very daunting and complicated, especially when the victim is still recovering from a traumatic, violent incident.
However, we have experience of dealing with these types of claims on a regular basis and can take all of the hassle out of the process, by dealing with it on your behalf.
Simply call us today on 0800 988 2478 or 01625 506 588 from your mobile. And together we can work towards getting you the compensation you deserve.
All claims are handled by an experienced and friendly claims advisor.